- Create a post on your blog which includes one or more of your favorite quotes and whatever else you want to include...any quotes you want!
- Click over to A Daily Dose of Toni and sign Mr. Linky with your name and a link to your post so everyone knows you're participating!
- Visit the other bloggers' Quotable Sundays posts, read their quotes and let them know what you thought!! Easy peasy!!
So....I was thinking about what topic I should center on today......and I got to thinking about tomorrow, Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday. Tomorrow I have a very informative, yet disturbing bit of truth regarding King's "I have a Dream" speech that I'm going to post about. Did we achieve his dream in America? Far from it. Although we are the richest nation, we continue each year to increase the amount of children who are without health insurance. The gap between minorities and whites regarding income and poverty increases rather than decreases each day. I hope you check out my post tomorrow, it's definitely an eye opener!!! So for today...I decided that I will post quotes about COMPASSION...why? Because compassion is what is missing from our nation and our leaders......and it's up to us to pass it on to our children.
- Keep in mind that the true meaning of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good. Ann Landers
- Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. Jesse Jackson
- Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer
- That old law about 'an eye for an eye' leaves everybody blind. Martin Luther King Jr.
- From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, make a life. Arthur Ashe
- When a man is singing and cannot lift his voice, and another comes and sings with him, another who can lift his voice, the first will be able to lift his voice too. That is the secret of the bond between spirits. Hasidic saying
Thoughts? Feelings? Favorite quote? Mine is for sure the Martin Luther King Jr. one, it's so true! Now only if our entire nation could understand that one, simple, quote.....would the world be a better place? For sure!!