Sunday, January 4, 2009

Quotable Sunday, 1/4/09...Join the Fun!!

One of the plans I have for this blog in 2009 is to gain more visitors and comments, what about you? I will be showing you tons of ways to gain readers, comments, followers, subscribers and general traffic in upcoming months, but for now... here's a fun way to do just that!
OK, here's how to play along!! This is the very first QUOTABLE SUNDAY of 2009!!
First, you find one or more of your favorite, most inspirational quotes and create a post on your blog, listing the quotes and whatever else you might like to include.
Second, visit A Daily Dose of Toni (she's the one who started Quotable Sunday)and sign her Mr. Linky with a link to your Quotable Sunday post to let her know you're playing along.
Lastly, check out all of the other participants quote posts, and leave comments for them letting them know what you thought of their quotes and post! It's not only inspiring to read others' quotes, but a great way to meet new bloggers, hopefully make some new bloggy friends, and get some visitors/comments to your blog!! C'mon mama, join in!! So, since I'm a Language Arts teacher, I use quotes often to get my students engaged and discussing. Here are a few of my favorite, most inspirational, discussion prompting quotes!!
  • Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference. by Virginia Satir
  • Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine.Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. by Eleanor Roosevelt
What do you think? Inspirational? Words to live by? I think so.
I chose to include these three quotes, because they help me to remember that I am in control of my own happiness. Too often, we let our happiness come from outside, rather than from inside. Gratitude and thankfulness can bring miracles to anyone!!!

13 comments:

Stacy's Random Thoughts said...

Great choice of quotes!! I got goosebumps reading them! ;) I absolutely agree - happiness comes from within - you can't depend on things or other people to make you happy... Love your choices! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Cascia said...

Looks like a fun meme! I'd participate but I already have a weekly column that I run on Sundays on Healthy Moms. Thank you for adding our button!

Toni said...

OHHHH lov elove love the vigina star one it's so very true and very touching. So glad you joined us on Quotable Sunday

rmgales said...

Love your quotes especially the one by Eleanor Roosevelt. I posted that quote last week,lol. It's truly one of my favorites.

Thanks for stopping by.

Lilith Silvermane said...

Those are great, and wonderful quotes for students!

Thank you for spreading the word! It's a wonderful way to meet new bloggers!

momof3crazykids said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Loving your quotes!
The Virginia Star one, love it!! Maybe I just need to paint a wall in my house with all these quotes I'm reading today!

Minxy Mimi said...

I love your quotes!!!
Eleanor Roosevelt was a smart woman!

Carrie said...

Met you because of CC4, but I'm so glad I did!!

I am Harriet said...

Hi!
I'm sorry I missed you on the MBC Techorati listing. You're listed now and I've fav'd you too :)

Amy @ Thoughts from the Mrs. said...

Wow. I really like your second quote. I don't know how many times I have been guilty of standing in my own sunshine. This year, I'm starting off with a different outlook. Hopefully I've learned how to stay out of my own way. :)

Brittany said...

Love your quotes and love your layout!

Trish said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! I had just about given up hope that you were coming back! :)

Rhonda said...

Great quotes! Thanks for sharing them!

Categories