The first product we tried out was the Ecostore USA's Citrus Spray Cleaner. Now...before trying this product out...I read what it is supposed to do, according to the product description: "This citrus-based solvent will work wonders on almost every household surface. When diluted, it even works on mirrors and glass...simple to use yet high performance." Price...$9.00 for 17 oz. spray...however, you can buy the 17 oz. refill bottle for only $7.00 So...I figured if there were ever a home to test out household cleaners of any kind...mine's the one! I mean...3 active boys...one Daddy...one full time working outside of the home Mommy...2 large dogs....and a lot of action can make for ONE MESS AFTER ANOTHER! So how did the Citrus Spray Cleaner hold up against its claims and this Mama's expectations?
- KITCHEN: THIS CLEANER CUT THROUGH THE GREASE ON OUR STOVETOP WITH ONLY TWO SQUIRTS AND ALMOST NO ELBOW GREASE! AND HUBBY MADE SPAGHETTI SO THE STOVETOP WAS YUCKSTERS.....I SQUIRTED IT TWICE...WIPED IT OVER ONCE WITH PAPER TOWEL...DONE! IT ALSO WORKED GREAT ON THE COUNTERTOPS, TABLETOP, WOODEN KITCHEN CHAIRS, KITCHEN FLOOR(LINOLEUM), AND THE MIRRORED DOORS ON MY FRIG AND DISHWASHER! I HARDLY HAD TO USE ANY AT All!
- BATHROOM: THIS CLEANER GOT THE JOB DONE AGAIN ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR, OUTSIDE OF THE TOILET (I'M GOING TO TRY THE TOILET BOWL CLEANER NEXT FOR THE INSIDE OF THE TOILET), SINK, TUB, AND WORKED GREAT ON THE BATHROOM MIRROR! SHINY AND SPARKLY!
- OTHER AREAS OF THE HOME: OK...I HAVE VERY THICK, CURLY HAIR AND I ALSO USE HAIRSPRAY ON A REGULAR BASIS. ANYONE WHO USES HAIRSPRAY KNOWS ABOUT THAT YUCKY, STICKY RESIDUE THAT GETS ON THE FLOORS AND SINK WHERE YOU DO YOUR HAIR SPRAYIN'. WE HAVE HARDWOOD FLOORS IN OUR BEDROOM WHERE I DO MY HAIR FIXIN' UP EVERY MORNING....AND HUBBY HATES THE HAIRSPRAY RESIDUE SOO MUCH! SO MUCH THAT HE GRABBED THE CLEANER AND TRIED IT ON THE HARDWOOD FLOOR WHILE I WAS AT WORK.....AND WHAT DID HE SAY ABOUT IT? "THIS STUFF IS AWESOME! I ONLY SPRAYED A LITTLE AND WIPED IT ONCE...IT WAS MAGIC...SO GO ORDER SOME MORE...AND DON'T THINK I'M GONNA BE CLEANING UP YOUR HAIRSPRAY EVERY TIME NOW".
So now I'm quite convinced that their household cleaners work, and are worth the money! You only have to spray a small amount...it works quickly and has no yucky odor! One bottle would last months! They also sell toilet bowl cleaner, dishwasher detergent, and dish liquid!
OK...so their products can clean AND save you money in the long run...not to mention have no harsh chemicals to harm your family....But what about their baby care products?
Next, we tried the Baby Nappy Balm, which sells for $10.00 for a 2-oz. jar. First thing hubby said was, "What the heck is Nappy balm...like if the baby is dirty and he's nappy?" Ah...no dear..but great guess?! Baby Nappy Balm is an all natural blend of olive, coconut and sesame oils. This antioxidant-rich balm soothes almost any of baby's skin conditions. It soothes and calms diaper rash, cradle cap, eczema and other skin irritations that are so uncomfortable for baby!I chose this product to try out because my 26 month old son has extremely sensitive skin...and often develops redness and irritation on his diaper area. He also has eczema and cannot use just any cream or lotion on his diaper area. We usually use a product called "Butt Paste", which I thought was the best out there. Although he screams when it's being applied and it sticks to my hands and half of it gets wiped off and stuck to anything within my reach...I thought it was the best because it worked and got rid of his diaper rash...so I just dealt with the stink of it...the huge mess of it...and my son's obvious protests to how it feels on his poor irritated skin. So how did the Baby Nappy Balm stand up to my baby's bottom and to my Mama expectations??
- SCENT/TEXTURE/APPLICATION: This balm has a very light, fresh, almost unnoticeable scent. It goes on smooth and clean and almost instantly absorbs right into baby's skin! And the best part...no yucky cream and residue on my hands when I'm done applying it! None at all! A little bit goes a very long way as well! Very clean, fresh and easy to apply!
- EFFECTIVENESS: Now, I haven't had the occasion to try this on a full blown diaper rash...but that's a good thing. However yesterday, my little guy had a messy diaper...and when I changed him his skin was irritated and the splotches of redness were beginning to appear..Uh-Oh! Get the Cream! After the pleasant, mess-free application, he ran off to play. At the next diaper check....redness was gone and that rash never got the chance to fully develop!
- HOW DOES IT FEEL ON BABY'S SKIN?: Well, my son is a little too young to provide his verbal opinion on this cream...but I CAN tell you this...Unlike the other creams and pastes I've applied...he didn't scream in agony when I applied it to his irritated skin! He didn't even mind me applying it...it appeared to me that it felt soothing and relieving to him instantly and he had no complaints! Must've felt great!!
The last product I tried out was the Goat's Milk Baby Soap!This baby soap is made with plant based, eco-friendly, safe for baby's skin ingredients. Goat's Milk, wheatgerm, oil of lavender and Vitamin E make this soap the perfect anti-oxidant for your baby's sensitive skin!
There's not much to say about this simple, pure soap that makes you feel good just putting it on your baby's skin. With absolutely NO harsh, nasty chemicals, this soap is pure and gentle for even the most sensitive babies! My son has eczema...so this is perfect for him! It smelled light and clean...and had a hint of soothing scents too. It lathered up into a rich lather that left my little guy's skin literally squeaky clean! My 7 year old used it in his shower as well..and he told me that "It works really good and even though I didn't really rub it in because I wanted to hurry and play the Wii before you told me to go to bed....I was still clean!" Nuff' said:)
>>>>GIVEAWAY! WIN A $25 SHOPPING SPREE TO ECOSTORE USA<<<<<So...Ecostore USA has way more products than what I reviewed here! They also sell hair care and body care products for us adults, pet care products, and dish cleaners! How would YOU like to win a $25 gift card to purchase whatever you want from their store? Ecostore USA has generously offered to give ONE lucky Save Your Money Mama reader a $25 gift credit to their store to purchase whatever you would like to try! Trust me...you'll be a lifelong customer...I now am! How to enter:
- For your first, mandatory entry: Please visit Ecostore USA and take a look around. Come back and leave a comment on this post, telling me which products you would purchase if you were my winner! Please take the time to do this or your entry will not count!
- For optional extra entries:
- Subscribe to my blog via reader or email (top right sidebar) and leave me an additional comment telling me that you subscribe
- Follow my blog publicly (see right sidebar) and then leave me an additional comment telling you are a follower
- Follow me on Twitter (click here)and leave me a comment with your Twitter ID.
- Tweet this giveaway! Come back and leave a comment with a link to your Tweet. (Or include @3boyzmom in the tweet and just leave a comment telling me you did that)
- Click the little "share this" button at the bottom of this post and stumble, digg, etc. this post. Then leave a comment that you did. (1 extra entry for each place you "share" this giveaway!)
- Blog about this giveaway and include a link to this post. Then come back here and leave me a link to your post so I can check it out!(It doesn't have to be a whole post about just this giveaway)
- Fave me on Technorati...and then leave me a comment with your ID name.
- For 2 extra entries(leave 2 additional comments): Add my button to your sidebar OR add my text to your blogroll. Come back and tell me where I can find it!
- For 5 extra entries(leave 5 additional comments): Make a purchase from Ecostore USA, come back and leave the comments, letting me know your purchase date and what you ordered for verification purposes!
- This giveaway ends Friday, April 3rd, 2009 at midnight California time. I will choose a winner and post them here and email them on Saturday, April 4th.
Boring Rules: You must be a resident of the United States, 18 or older to enter. If your email address is not available through blogger, or if you are not a blogger...please make sure your email address is in your comment...If I choose a winner with no contact info. available anywhere...I will choose a new winner. I will email the winner and post their name here. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email...if no response in 48 hours..I will choose a new winner! Prize will be fulfilled by Ecostore USA.