Saturday, March 28, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
In Hawaii...Friday is a day to relax, take it easy and forget the hustle and bustle of day to day life! Hey...count me in to anything that has to do with relaxing...this mama hasn't relaxed in weeks.....possibly months?!
So...to join in...follow these steps:
- Write an Aloha Friday blog post on your blog...It's supposed to be easy...so for your post...don't get fancy with it...just ask one simple question of your readers!
- Slowly and leisurely skip on over to An Island Life and sign Mr. Linky to let everyone know that you're participating and so we can all go answer YOUR question!
- Visit the other participants so you can answer their questions and vice versa!
So...if you're looking for some fun...and to meet some new bloggers and check out some new blogs....as well as getting some new visitors to YOUR blog...then join in!
My question for today is:
What social networking sites do you belong to or enjoy the most and why?
Personally....I'm on Twitter, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg, Technorati, and Entrecard. The ones I think have really helped me with my blog and that I enjoy are Twitter and Entrecard..hands down!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
The first product we tried out was the Ecostore USA's Citrus Spray Cleaner. Now...before trying this product out...I read what it is supposed to do, according to the product description: "This citrus-based solvent will work wonders on almost every household surface. When diluted, it even works on mirrors and glass...simple to use yet high performance." Price...$9.00 for 17 oz. spray...however, you can buy the 17 oz. refill bottle for only $7.00 So...I figured if there were ever a home to test out household cleaners of any kind...mine's the one! I mean...3 active boys...one Daddy...one full time working outside of the home Mommy...2 large dogs....and a lot of action can make for ONE MESS AFTER ANOTHER! So how did the Citrus Spray Cleaner hold up against its claims and this Mama's expectations?
- KITCHEN: THIS CLEANER CUT THROUGH THE GREASE ON OUR STOVETOP WITH ONLY TWO SQUIRTS AND ALMOST NO ELBOW GREASE! AND HUBBY MADE SPAGHETTI SO THE STOVETOP WAS YUCKSTERS.....I SQUIRTED IT TWICE...WIPED IT OVER ONCE WITH PAPER TOWEL...DONE! IT ALSO WORKED GREAT ON THE COUNTERTOPS, TABLETOP, WOODEN KITCHEN CHAIRS, KITCHEN FLOOR(LINOLEUM), AND THE MIRRORED DOORS ON MY FRIG AND DISHWASHER! I HARDLY HAD TO USE ANY AT All!
- BATHROOM: THIS CLEANER GOT THE JOB DONE AGAIN ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR, OUTSIDE OF THE TOILET (I'M GOING TO TRY THE TOILET BOWL CLEANER NEXT FOR THE INSIDE OF THE TOILET), SINK, TUB, AND WORKED GREAT ON THE BATHROOM MIRROR! SHINY AND SPARKLY!
- OTHER AREAS OF THE HOME: OK...I HAVE VERY THICK, CURLY HAIR AND I ALSO USE HAIRSPRAY ON A REGULAR BASIS. ANYONE WHO USES HAIRSPRAY KNOWS ABOUT THAT YUCKY, STICKY RESIDUE THAT GETS ON THE FLOORS AND SINK WHERE YOU DO YOUR HAIR SPRAYIN'. WE HAVE HARDWOOD FLOORS IN OUR BEDROOM WHERE I DO MY HAIR FIXIN' UP EVERY MORNING....AND HUBBY HATES THE HAIRSPRAY RESIDUE SOO MUCH! SO MUCH THAT HE GRABBED THE CLEANER AND TRIED IT ON THE HARDWOOD FLOOR WHILE I WAS AT WORK.....AND WHAT DID HE SAY ABOUT IT? "THIS STUFF IS AWESOME! I ONLY SPRAYED A LITTLE AND WIPED IT ONCE...IT WAS MAGIC...SO GO ORDER SOME MORE...AND DON'T THINK I'M GONNA BE CLEANING UP YOUR HAIRSPRAY EVERY TIME NOW".
So now I'm quite convinced that their household cleaners work, and are worth the money! You only have to spray a small amount...it works quickly and has no yucky odor! One bottle would last months! They also sell toilet bowl cleaner, dishwasher detergent, and dish liquid!
OK...so their products can clean AND save you money in the long run...not to mention have no harsh chemicals to harm your family....But what about their baby care products?
Next, we tried the Baby Nappy Balm, which sells for $10.00 for a 2-oz. jar. First thing hubby said was, "What the heck is Nappy balm...like if the baby is dirty and he's nappy?" Ah...no dear..but great guess?! Baby Nappy Balm is an all natural blend of olive, coconut and sesame oils. This antioxidant-rich balm soothes almost any of baby's skin conditions. It soothes and calms diaper rash, cradle cap, eczema and other skin irritations that are so uncomfortable for baby!I chose this product to try out because my 26 month old son has extremely sensitive skin...and often develops redness and irritation on his diaper area. He also has eczema and cannot use just any cream or lotion on his diaper area. We usually use a product called "Butt Paste", which I thought was the best out there. Although he screams when it's being applied and it sticks to my hands and half of it gets wiped off and stuck to anything within my reach...I thought it was the best because it worked and got rid of his diaper rash...so I just dealt with the stink of it...the huge mess of it...and my son's obvious protests to how it feels on his poor irritated skin. So how did the Baby Nappy Balm stand up to my baby's bottom and to my Mama expectations??
- SCENT/TEXTURE/APPLICATION: This balm has a very light, fresh, almost unnoticeable scent. It goes on smooth and clean and almost instantly absorbs right into baby's skin! And the best part...no yucky cream and residue on my hands when I'm done applying it! None at all! A little bit goes a very long way as well! Very clean, fresh and easy to apply!
- EFFECTIVENESS: Now, I haven't had the occasion to try this on a full blown diaper rash...but that's a good thing. However yesterday, my little guy had a messy diaper...and when I changed him his skin was irritated and the splotches of redness were beginning to appear..Uh-Oh! Get the Cream! After the pleasant, mess-free application, he ran off to play. At the next diaper check....redness was gone and that rash never got the chance to fully develop!
- HOW DOES IT FEEL ON BABY'S SKIN?: Well, my son is a little too young to provide his verbal opinion on this cream...but I CAN tell you this...Unlike the other creams and pastes I've applied...he didn't scream in agony when I applied it to his irritated skin! He didn't even mind me applying it...it appeared to me that it felt soothing and relieving to him instantly and he had no complaints! Must've felt great!!
The last product I tried out was the Goat's Milk Baby Soap!This baby soap is made with plant based, eco-friendly, safe for baby's skin ingredients. Goat's Milk, wheatgerm, oil of lavender and Vitamin E make this soap the perfect anti-oxidant for your baby's sensitive skin!
There's not much to say about this simple, pure soap that makes you feel good just putting it on your baby's skin. With absolutely NO harsh, nasty chemicals, this soap is pure and gentle for even the most sensitive babies! My son has eczema...so this is perfect for him! It smelled light and clean...and had a hint of soothing scents too. It lathered up into a rich lather that left my little guy's skin literally squeaky clean! My 7 year old used it in his shower as well..and he told me that "It works really good and even though I didn't really rub it in because I wanted to hurry and play the Wii before you told me to go to bed....I was still clean!" Nuff' said:)
>>>>GIVEAWAY! WIN A $25 SHOPPING SPREE TO ECOSTORE USA<<<<<So...Ecostore USA has way more products than what I reviewed here! They also sell hair care and body care products for us adults, pet care products, and dish cleaners! How would YOU like to win a $25 gift card to purchase whatever you want from their store? Ecostore USA has generously offered to give ONE lucky Save Your Money Mama reader a $25 gift credit to their store to purchase whatever you would like to try! Trust me...you'll be a lifelong customer...I now am! How to enter:
- For your first, mandatory entry: Please visit Ecostore USA and take a look around. Come back and leave a comment on this post, telling me which products you would purchase if you were my winner! Please take the time to do this or your entry will not count!
- For optional extra entries:
- Subscribe to my blog via reader or email (top right sidebar) and leave me an additional comment telling me that you subscribe
- Follow my blog publicly (see right sidebar) and then leave me an additional comment telling you are a follower
- Follow me on Twitter (click here)and leave me a comment with your Twitter ID.
- Tweet this giveaway! Come back and leave a comment with a link to your Tweet. (Or include @3boyzmom in the tweet and just leave a comment telling me you did that)
- Click the little "share this" button at the bottom of this post and stumble, digg, etc. this post. Then leave a comment that you did. (1 extra entry for each place you "share" this giveaway!)
- Blog about this giveaway and include a link to this post. Then come back here and leave me a link to your post so I can check it out!(It doesn't have to be a whole post about just this giveaway)
- Fave me on Technorati...and then leave me a comment with your ID name.
- For 2 extra entries(leave 2 additional comments): Add my button to your sidebar OR add my text to your blogroll. Come back and tell me where I can find it!
- For 5 extra entries(leave 5 additional comments): Make a purchase from Ecostore USA, come back and leave the comments, letting me know your purchase date and what you ordered for verification purposes!
- This giveaway ends Friday, April 3rd, 2009 at midnight California time. I will choose a winner and post them here and email them on Saturday, April 4th.
Boring Rules: You must be a resident of the United States, 18 or older to enter. If your email address is not available through blogger, or if you are not a blogger...please make sure your email address is in your comment...If I choose a winner with no contact info. available anywhere...I will choose a new winner. I will email the winner and post their name here. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email...if no response in 48 hours..I will choose a new winner! Prize will be fulfilled by Ecostore USA.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
I have 3 sons, one 13, and a husband. I also have 2 large labrador retreivers. My point is....I'm borderline obsessed with trying out anything related to odor elimination due to the constant succesion of boy and animal odors that attempt to permeate my home on a regular basis......Including stinky, sweaty workout odors! Especially when we battle on the Wii Fit!
So do like I did and Hurry up and get your FREE sample of Febreze's NEW Sport Line's Workout Odor Eliminator!
So stop stinkin' up the house with the Wii Fit workouts:)
Get your free sample by clicking here! Hurry these are going to be gone quickly!
Please note that you do have to complete a very brief one page only survey before receiving your free sample. This is from Febreze, not a third party website...and the survey literally took me 30 seconds to complete. So don't let that scare you away!
I also want to give a huge thank you to everyone who entered, and especially to those that spread the word, subscribed, followed, etc. You're awesome!!
If you didn't win...don't worry...I have many giveaways in store!!
I'll be posting my next giveaway later today! One lucky winner will win a $25 gift card for Eco-Store USA! Check back later for the review and giveaway!
Now for the winners of the bracelet!
There were 92 valid entries......random.org gave me the numbers 44, 56, and 89(see those last minute entries are worth it!)
Comment #44 belongs to CathyH...who won with her extra entry for following my blog:) Thanks for following Cathy!!
Comment #56 belongs to Seeryus Mama...who won with her extra entry for tweeting this giveaway on Twitter! Thanks for spreading the word Seeryus Mama!!
Comment #89 belongs to Esther....who won with her extra entry for subscribing to my blog!!! Thanks for subscribing Esther!!
So....as you can see...extra entries increase your odds! Most of the bloggy giveaways I win are from my extra entries!!!
And a huge Congrats to CathyH, Seeryus Mama, and Esther! I hope you like the bracelet...I love mine:)
I will be emailing the three of you as soon as I clean the instant oatmeal out of my 2 year old's hair...he was apparantly dumping it on his head rather than eating it as I posted my winners:) I'm gonna take pics...this is a doozie as far as messes are concerned...now I know what to post for next week's Wordless Wednesday:)
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Friday, March 13, 2009
Two hundred twenty-five I was at my Fun, Fit & Fabulous exercise class this evening and realized I had never really told you about the format of the class. I have mentioned it before but never really told you about it. The class is free and is done at my friend’s church and led by a certified fitness instructor. The class is so great, and so is our instructor. She pushes you, but is not pushy. She challenges you but is not obnoxious. I never thought I’d say this about an exercise class of all things, but I really do like it. One thing I like is our format, which is a format that we all might take a lesson from. We rotate through particular exercise programs for a week at a time. In other words, we do a week of toning, then a week of aerobics, a week of yoga, a week of step aerobics, etc. You get the idea, right? I didn’t really get why we did it that way until I read THIS ARTICLE The first thing listed about why your workout may not be working is that our muscles adapt and then we plateau. So, the way we change our routine every week keeps our muscles fresh and challenged. I think we could all implement this concept in our own workouts whether we are at home doing our own thing, using the Wii Fit, or going to the gym. Specifically on the Wii Fit, I can see doing something like what we do in our Fun, Fit & Fabulous class. Try doing just aerobics for your allotted time each day for a week. Then do just strength exercises the next week, followed by just yoga and rotate week by week. I think it would allow you the practice to master the exercises while also changing things up for your muscles. This week in class we’ve been doing 55 minutes of aerobics followed by 5 minutes of abs. My body has been challenged this week as it’s been a while since we’ve done the aerobics rotation. Oh, and by the way, do you know how many abdominal crunches of various kinds you can do in five minutes? Yep, you guessed it. 225. At least.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
It's been quite a wake up call for my family, and it's made me think a lot about how I live my life and what I feed my 3 children and myself. Because heart health is NOT just a men's concern.
Heart disease strikes women too, and it needs to be addressed and now! So many people are not aware of how they can help themselves and their loved ones to protect against heart disease. But luckily....there are companies out there who care and want to help.
- Subscribe to my blog either via email or via Reader and leave me a comment telling me you are subscribed with your email address.
- Follow my blog on blogger (right hand sidebar).
- Follow me on Twitter by clicking here and tweet this contest.
- Fave me on Technorati and leave a comment with your user name.
- Stumble this post...and leave a comment with your user name.
- And last but NOT least....post my button and/or add me to your blogroll.
- Blog about this giveaway, come back and leave a comment with a link to your blog post so I can check it out!
That's a total of 8 entries...And remember...3 winners!!!
Boring Rules: Contest is open to US residents only. You do not have to be a blogger to win...but if you aren't a blogger...your email address must be in your comment or I will draw another winner immediately. Any comments that do not adhere to the rules will be void.
Thanks to Cheerios Circle of Helping Hearts for all that you do and to www.myblogspark.com for the opportunity to spread the word!
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Well then you need to immediately head over to Book Room Reviews and check out the Book Giveaway Carnival!! There's well over 150 Giveaways of all sorts of books!!
- freebies (135)
- free (71)
- free samples (70)
- for free (59)
- free stuff (55)
- coupons (53)
- reviews (35)
- Giveaways (32)
- coupon (20)
- product reviews (19)
- shopping deals (19)
- sales (17)
- discounts (15)
- free food (15)
- free gifts (15)
- food freebies (11)
- samples (11)
- winners (11)
- shopping (9)
- baby freebies (8)
- giveaways for your kids (8)
- children's product reviews (6)
- Swagbucks (5)
- shopping codes (5)
- christmas freebies (4)
- earn free stuff (4)
- giveaways for YOU (4)
- make money (4)
- make money online (4)
- Best of The Best Today (3)
- diaper freebies (3)
- earn money online (3)
- food (3)
- food reviews (3)
- giveaways for mom (3)
- saving money (3)
- DVD reviews (2)
- Holidays (2)
- RECIPES (2)
- blog giveaways (2)
- eco-friendly products (2)
- free offers (2)
- freebies for babies (2)
- mom giveaways (2)
- movie reviews (2)
- music freebies (2)
- parent advice (2)
- save money (2)
- service reviews (2)
- vocalpoint (2)
- website reviews (2)
- FREEBIES FOR DAD (1)
- Gifts (1)
- My blog wins-Whoo-Hoo (1)
- Soft Scrub (1)
- Soft Scrub Club (1)
- The View (1)
- The View Brand Ambassadors (1)
- beauty product reviews (1)
- blog resources (1)
- cash (1)
- christmas cash (1)
- christmas giveaways (1)
- community service (1)
- contests (1)
- coupon booklets (1)
- cyber monday (1)
- deals (1)
- diapers (1)
- f (1)
- glasses (1)
- health (1)
- household product reviews (1)
- links to contests (1)
- messages (1)
- my thoughts (1)
- organic (1)
- parenting (1)
- pets (1)
- product announcements (1)
- quotable sundays (1)
- rebates (1)
- saving articles (1)
- saving tips (1)
- survey sites (1)
- sweepstakes (1)
- tips (1)
- twitter (1)