Sunday, April 18, 2010

EcoSMART Review: Organic Home Pest Control


Did you know that according to the US Environmental Agency, more than a million children are poisoned with household chemcials each year! As a mom, I've always avoided household chemicals whenever possible...including insecticides and bug sprays.
I hate bugs. I mean, I really hate bugs. Ants, mosquitos, cockroaches, ticks, fleas, earwigs, spiders, wasps, hornets...you name it and I hate it! Every year when it begins to become warm like it is now, we struggle with ants in my home. We also have quite a lot of mosquitos in Sacramento that can make enjoying a nice evening outside miserable. And with 2 dogs, fleas and ticks are a recurring problem here too. The insects themselves are bad enough, but getting rid  these pests is almost the worst part! Harsh chemicals are so disgusting and I don't want them around my kids!  The horrible smell of insecticides gives me migraine headaches and I hate to think of what it does to their little brains. And with one of my kids being only 3, we can't leave any type of roach motel or glue pad around, unless of course we want him to discover it and play with it....or worse. And not only are the chemicals in insecticides dangerous and threatening to my kids, but it's unsafe for my dogs too, and can't possibly be good even for my husband and I!

So what to do? The stuff that works smells like powerful chemicals, and isn't safe for my home with my three kids and two pets! But the bugs can make life miserable and I don't want them around! Well, what about a SAFE, all natural Organic Home Pest Control that is plant- based yet  really works too! EcoSMART to the rescue! EcoSMART is completely safe, non-toxic and all natural! It isn't harmful to people or animals, and it doesn't smell harshly or strongly at all!

I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to review several of  EcoSMART's products! The first product that I had the occasion to try was EcoSMART's Organic Insect Repellent. One evening, I was playing in the backyard with my 3 year old son right at about dusk. Before I knew it the mosquitos were biting my arms and hands and I instantly ran inside and sprayed this insect repllent on my arms and hands.

The smell is wonderful, not only does it NOT smell like chemicals, but it actually smells GOOD! It smells delightful! It was very smooth and melted right into my skin, and made my skin soft but not greasy! And the best part, I continued playing outside for another hour and not one single bug bothered me! It really worked! I sprayed some on my son's arms and have been using it on my kids to avoid those pesky mosquito bites! I definitely recommend it, and for a price of $7.00 (even lower if you buy multiple or if you buy a value bundle), it's very affordable! It's made with rosemary oil and other natural ingredients that don't harm our family! This is a must have in any natural Mamas diaper bag/beach bag this summer!  Perfect for picnics, outdoor activities, sports and camping!

I also received EcoSMART's natural ant killer to review. I wasn't sure how long I'd have to wait to get to try it...but with the warm weather coming strong, I didn't have to wait long to discover an ant trail on my back patio! Those tiny, marching soldiers that annoy us humans to no avail are no match for EcoSMART! This killed them on contact without the horrible odor!! Really! And I didn't have to worry about my children inhaling or touching it, nor my dogs! It's a win-win situation! This stuff also kills other common household bugs such as silverfish and roaches, which I haven't bumped into yet around here!

I also highly recommend EcoSMART's Home Pest Control Spray! Made from organic plant oils, it kills over 100 home pests naturally! Once again the smell impressed me! I really like that EcoSMART allows me to get rid of pesky bugs (ok...to me many are beyond pesky...they're downright scary!) without using harmful chemicals and poisons that could hurt my kids, pets, or self! And there's no worry about keeping these in the pantry or cupboard, they're all natural and totally safe! And to top it off they smell great and are affordable! They offer a large variety of products to keep your home, yard and garden pest free! They also carry value bundles that allow you to bundle some of the best selling products for a low price to save money! Stop using toxic, smelly chemicals to kill bugs and check out EcoSMART!! EcoSMART is the #1 green insecticide used by professionals, and I can see why!

Disclosure: I was not compensated to write this post and all opinions are my own and authentic. I received a Safe Home Value Bundle from EcoSMART for my review.



35 comments:

David said...

Good one.These chemicals are necessary but keep them carefully.....cheapest loans

http://hyesung000.blogspot.com/ said...

Want more time with parents and children with family? Can operate as long as the trivial time
Welcome to learn a simple understanding of free market
http://sn.im/vemma_usa

I wish you your heart happy! ~

Pest Control Medford said...

thanks for this tip. i love organic pest control stuff because they're easy on your nose, safe for you and your family while also being effective!

Anonymous said...

Obviously you're paid by the company and never really used the stuff or you would know that the smell is sickening. I'll gladly buy this stuff and spray your house for free if I get to watch you live with this stench for weeks on end (because the smell never seems to go away). In the end, with this stuff actually in your house, and someone there to watch you live with it - you'll admit the smell is unbearable and the product should be taken off the market.

mark said...

This is a surface treatment lasts about a year and after that, the spray needs to be reapplied. The pesticides used, however, have a very low toxic level.
-Pest Control Services

hangeng said...

If you are interested in buying a designer handbag thomas sabo charm club anhänger
you’ll need to visit a retailer who sells them. thomas sabo engelsflügel
These are generally specialty boutiques. thomas sabo armband
Another venue for purchasing designer ladies handbags anhänger kette
is from online retailers. There are many websites angebote thomas sabo ohrschmuck
that sell brand name designer ladies handbags and will ship ohrringe creolen
them right to your door. This often affords the consumer angebote thomas sabo uhren
the biggest selection and it also allows a chance to Armband mit Anhänger
compare prices. It’s important to be careful when purchasing a quality thomas sabo shop
designer bag in this way because you’ll want to be wary of imitations.

Pest Control Brisbane said...

These are the most effective chemicals. Soft on human beings and effective on pests.

Animal Removal Essex MD said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon

Jeremy Correl said...

Thanks! I’m very delighted with the product! My sister also used this pest control (Chesapeake) which is hypoallergenic. His children are very sensitive with chemicals and other substances that is why she sticks with Chesapeake pest control because it doesn’t harm his children’s skin.

pest control said...

Currently I have a few aphids on my lettuce. It was worse, because as I was wiping them off the plants, the ants kept bringing new ones. A few days ago I used some "Tanglefoot" (real sticky stuff) to cut off any paths to the plants and so I have no ants anymore on them and the aphid population seems stunted. I still inspect the plants, and crush any aphids I see. Which is hard because they are real good at camouflaging.

Jessica said...

This seems to be a great site which offers Pest Control Austin, Bed Bugs Texas, Bed Bugs Austin, Bed Bugs Dallas, Bed Bugs Houston etc. and i would surely like to try their service...i had been relying on http://www.pestmanagementinc.com earlier and they too offered good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Well I tried the spray that you use all around the outside and inside of your home. We had crickets, ants and spiders in our home. I have a 9 month old so I wanted a product that would not hurt him. We had to buy 4 gallons costing well over $50. Our house smelled terrible for at least 3 weeks and a week after my husband sprayed it I saw crikets and ants. I don't recommend that anyone buy this product. The people posting good reviews are obviously on the EcoSmart payroll. I had to buy the Ortho Home defense spray to get rid of the bugs and haven't seen one since. Guess GREEN isn't always better. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT IT DOES NOT WORK.

D said...

I have to agree with the others who are talking about the horrible smell. I used the product for my patio/porch area. I connected it to the hose and followed all the directions. Not only did it NOT work, but the smell is still here ... and its been 2 weeks and it has rained several times. Not only is the smell bad to humans, but my dog refuses to go out back. If I force him, by leash, he stands in the yard, trembling with his ears and tail down. I have never seen anything like it. This was a huge waste of money .. and I wish the smell would go away!

Anonymous said...

After several days of deciding if I should go with a pest control service or try and take care of it myself, I opted to try it on my own, then I had to decide what to get. Since I have two chihuahuas I wanted something that is safe for pets. I decided to go with this product. Not only has it repelled the little ants it has also chased my out of my bedroom. The smell is overwhelming, this is the second night i have not slept in my room, I have had a fan on in my room with the slider door open off and on for two days. I WILL NEVER USE THIS PRODUCT AGAIN. I put the container in the garage and have not sprayed it out there at all, and the garage even smells. To top it off, I have asthma and i’m having terrible issues since I sprayed.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the good reviews .. sounds like you saved me from a nightmare. obviously all the good reviews are paid reviews

Anonymous said...

I will agree that it seems to kill insects and keep them away but I think it's the odor that probably drives them out of whatever area you use it in because it has a very intense minty smell. You really need to use it in awell ventilated area and avoid the area for a few hours after using it so that the smell dissipates. Whoever wrote the review has to be lying about the smell because it is VERY strong. After a few hours when it starts to wear off, then you could say it smells nice.

Anonymous said...

Over use of exclamation points. You sound very hyper and annoying.

Anonymous said...

Good news is that I don't see ants anymore. Bad news is that it repels not only ants, but myself and my pets. The smell is horrible. I get headaches from it and I gag a lot as well. Right now all of my windows are open just so the smell will go away.

Unknown said...

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THE COMMENTS ABOUT HOW "HORRIBLE" THE ODOR IS!!
I personally like the smell. It's like an intense combo of lilies and mint. But it dissapates within 30 min. to 1 hr. if you open windows and let in fresh air. Afterward, I think it smells fresh and clean. If you don't like lilies or mint,then yes, you'll probably hate this. Also, I think the author was referring to the mosquito repellant scent which is different. There are different products that they sell. I have and was referring to the "home pest control" in the large spray bottle. It works fantastic on spiders (which are hard to kill), and the silverfish in our bathrooom are completely gone after spraying this. I can safely use it in the kithen too, so I only have GOOD things to say about this. PS...I used it this summer at the threshold of all the doorways and windows as a bug barrier, and ahrdly any ants or other insects got in this year, Woo-Hoo!

Anonymous said...

I had meal moths and this product did nothing to get rid of them but the ODOR is keeping us away. It not only smells horrible but you can taste it too. It is aweful. I sprayed over a week ago and the smell it still strong as ever. Has anybody figured out a way to get rid of this terrible smell? PLEASE HELP!!!

roxanne tucker said...

Maybe some of you are overspraying thinking you need more b/c you think natural products arent as effective as chemicals.

Be An Outlaw said...

I'm actually movimg to Georgia. And I've been hearing about these water bugs. But I don't want to use borax because of my dog... I might try this stuff. But I know all bugs hate mint, eucalyptus and lavender. So that would be the reason the bugs leave...

southern utah exterminator said...

Hey,

Very good blog post I love your site keep up the great posts.

southern utah exterminator

Karly Mittens said...

Interesting topic to learn more about these methods and saving more money. Glad to come by your post to learn more about these things.

Pest Control Brisbane | Pest Control Gold Coast

Anonymous said...

I used this product, and it does have a very strong minty odor..on the plus side..I like the smell of mint

on the bad side, I spray this on moths and house flies..has no effect at all on them. Waste of money.

I made a home solution with vinegar and alcohol and it works better

megageek said...

I just used an entire can of ecosmart flying insect spray. It did nothing for flies. I would have had better luck trying to throw the can at them. I wanted to try and do the right thing but I need a product that actually works. Please save yourself some money and look elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

Yea my wife was afraid of chemicals because she has 15 cats and a bunch of shitty little dogs so I waited till she left and sprayed the house with actual bug killer then used a few sprays of the organic shit so she could still bitch about the smell later.

mmurphy1 said...

Well
First of all I do not believe this is a genuine review. It's too kind to Eco Smart. I'm trying to use the Home Pest Control product right now to get rid of fleas inside and after dousing the whole house, I'm still seeing living fleas.

I think I will be going to get some bombs today.

Anonymous said...

Yucky! Sprayed this on a few ants in my kitchen none of which died. Smells terrible made me nauseous and the cats who seem to always be starving refused dinner. After some research I found out almost every ingredient is toxic to my fur babies. Even after washing the floor where I sprayed I can still smell it. http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/essential-knowledge-for-cat-ow-58072

Joseph Escalada said...

Buyer beware!! I purchased this home pest control product last week. It said it was pet safe. After spraying it throughout my house, I noticed my cat started breathing very fast and quit eating. I took him to the vet and he was diagnosed with asthma. The vet said he was exposed to something that triggered asthma. He has never had asthma before and I know the pest control product was the cause, as I have had migraine headaches since spraying it. I will never purchase this product again!

Not Impressed said...

Save your money! This ecosmart flying insect killer doesn't kill flies, doesn't kill mosquitoes, doesn't kill knats. In fact, it hasn't killed any flying insects at all. I sprayed it in a closed up house, room to room until the odor was overwhelming. Left the house for a few hours and when I returned the three flies were still flying, the four or five mosquitoes were still flying and biting and the knats were still bugging us. This stuff falls straight to the floor and doesn't hang in the air at all.

Melissa Roque said...

I use as much organic stuff as I can. Yes the smell is strong but so is raid and I would rather smell peppermint then who knows what's in raid. I just did it on a rainy day keep all the windows open and vacuum once it's dry and the smell is almost gone ( just did 15 minutes ago) if the smell still bothers you sprinkle some baking soda let is sit about 20 min and vacuum then the smell is gone. I only do a little at a time so that it's not over whelmed with the smell. With organic it takes more work but to keep my pets safe and ourselves it's worth it.

Dana Beth Harvey said...

Flying insect spray with 3.0% lemongrass essential oil (no peppermint) / 97% other ingredients gives me asthma attacks & headache inducing smell lasts for days...can taste it a full day later.

Anonymous said...

This is a great product, I saw that my exterminator is using it, and so far it does a great job.

buyket said...


تختلف انواع الحشرات وعليه تختلف طرق مكافحتها لذلك وفرنا كل السبل لمكافحة الحشرات والقضاء عليها فوفرنا بمدينة الرياض
شركة ابادة الفئران بالرياض
وفي مجال القضاء علي الحشرات بمختلف انواعها بالرياض وفرنا
اما ما يخص مدينتي الخرج وجدة مكافحة حشرات بالخرج
لاكن كن علي يقين بانك سوف يرتاح بال نهائيا من تلك الحشرات بعد تعاملك معنا
مكافحة حشرات بجدة
مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الحمام
وايضا في مجال رش الدفان رش دفان بالرياض

Categories